VISA TO SOUTH AFRICA
N.B.: This information on the website could have been changed by the South African Department of Home Affairs. The South African mission or consulate should always be first consulted for the correct requirements.
International travellers who have permanent residence outside South Africa may apply for a visa to visit the country for tourism or business purposes for 90 days or less. Requirements for visitor’s visas differ from country to country so enquiries should be made at the nearest South African mission or consulate abroad or any office of the Department of Home Affairs to see whether or not a visa is required.
Documents required to apply for a visa:
- A passport or travel document valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of intended visit
- The passport must have at least TWO unused pages for entry / departure endorsements
- A completed Form BI-84 (application for a visa)
- Payment of the prescribed fee
- Statement and/or documentation confirming the purpose and duration of visit
- Two colour passport photographs
- A return or onward ticket if travelling by air
- Proof of financial means to pay for living expenses while in South Africa in the form of:
- Bank statements
- Salary advances
- Undertakings by the host(s) in South Africa
- Medical cover or
- Cash available (including credit cards and travellers’ cheques)
An application for a South African visa can be made:
- Online by securing a personal appointment at a VFS centre
- In person at a South African foreign mission (embassy or consulate) in all countries where VFS centres are not available
- In person at the nearest South African foreign mission in another country if South Africa does not have a mission in the traveller’s home country
- Please note that visas are not issued at South African ports of entry.
South Africa does not have any visa exclusions and delegates from all countries are welcome.
For more information, please visit: http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/immigration-services/apply-for-a-south-african-visa
INVITATION LETTER FOR VISA APPLICATION
When your abstract is accepted, you will receive an invitation letter to attend the conference.