Next editions of HYPOTHESIS will be held in Cape Town, South Africa (2020), and Muscat, Oman (2021). Proposals to host HYPOTHESIS in 2022 and 2023 will be examined during next HYPOTHESIS, in Cape Town. Please note: since the venue for WHEC 2022 will be decided in July 2020, there is the possibility that the two venues selected will be exchanged by year.
APPLYING FOR CANDIDACIES
CONTENT OF THE PROPOSAL
- the name of the conference chairperson and the list of the members of the organising committee;
- information about the conference venue;
- information about the accommodation (including eventual not expensive accommodation like university lodgings);
- information about the connections to the closest international airport;
- the most suitable dates;
- eventual declarations of interest from government, local administration, industries, universities, ....
- eventual sponsorships already confirmed;
- a provisional budget.
BUDGETING FOR THE CONFERENCE
- the registration fees should not exceed by more than 5% the fees of the previous edition;
- the registration fee for delegates will include the participation to all scientific activities, conference proceedings, lunches and coffee breaks, welcome reception, conference dinner, eventual social events and eventual technical visits);
- the registration fee for accompanying person will include welcome reception, conference dinner, eventual social events and a specific tourist program (including lunches);
- a sum of 3000 € must be paid at the agreement signing (two years before the conference) as a contribute for website maintaining and conference promotion during other hydrogen related conferences;
- the conference coordinator will be provided with a complimentary registration and an appropriate hotel accommodation and his living and travel expenses (including airfares) will be fully covered by the organisers;
- one representative from the organisation of the subsequent HYPOTHESIS edition will receive a complimentary registration and a complimentary booth will be offered (if required) to promote the conference;
- it is reccommended to apply a reduced registration fee to the members of committees and to authors; however the organisers could decide about such a fee depending on the budget.
The conference coordinator will chair the Scientific Committee and will manage the scientific program and the contacts with speakers and reviewers (eventually cooperating with the local organisers in case they are from a university or a research centre).
PROPOSAL FROM A CONVENTION BUREAU
- propose the name of the conference chairperson after having contacted him/her and after having checked that his/her organisation is not available to organise the conference assuming the financial risk;
- invite the coordinator of the conference series to visit the available conference venues;
- support the coordinator of the conference series in collecting all useful information for the conference success;
- supply eventual declaration of interests from government, local administration, industries, universities, ....
- supply a list of local sponsors interested to sponsor the conference.
When HYPOTHESIS was created it was the unique hydrogen related conference held in odd years. Nowadays the situation is significantly changed and it is not easy to avoid conflicts with other conferences. A short list of some important hydrogen related international conferences and fairs regularly held includes:
- EFC - Rome (Italy) - Dec, odd years
- FC EXPO - Tokyo (Japan) - Feb/Mar and Osaka (Japan) - Sep
- FCS - Different places (in USA) - Oct/Nov
- Group Exhibits Hydrogen and Fuel Cells - Hannover (Germany) - Apr
- HFC - Vancouver (Canada) - May
- ICHS - Different places - 2nd week of Sep, odd years
- WHEC - Different places - Jun/July, even years
- WHTC - Different places - Different months, odd years